Most Popular Disney Costumes
Disney characters are the most popular theme for a child’s birthday party. This is because the company has made its mark in making movies that cater to children.
Through the years, Disney continues to earn popularity because countless kids around the world use its characters in their birthday celebrations. For children, wearing a Disney costume is one of the most precious memories they could ever have. This is because she or he will be able to celebrate an important date in their lives in their favorite Disney character.
Most preferred Disney costumes
Disney costumes can be bought directly from a store. But it would be extra special if you have sewn it yourself. If you are one of those parents who want to sew a Disney costume for their child’s party, it would be best to do a little research on it.
For beginners, using the sewing machine is advisable to make the work easier, faster, accurate, and convenient. Once you have learned how to use the machine well, the next step is to determine what type of costume you will be sewing for your child.
For boys, the most common Disney costumes are the movies that tell stories about heroes and being macho:
1. Woody or Buzz Lightyear from “Toy Story.” The cowboy costume of Woody is easy to make and comfortable while Buzz Lightyear’s costume can be harder to make but it would really look super cool on your little boy.
2. Captain Jack Sparrow from “Pirates of the Caribbean”. This is the perfect pirate costume for little boys because of the comfort it brings and not to mention the simple materials that you will be using. You can also make a variation of the costume depending on the preference of your child.
3. Dash from “The Incredibles”. This Disney costume continues to be popular among young boys because Dash looks cool in the movies. It would be easy to make since you can use available materials such as red leggings and long sleeves. All you need to do is to sew the logo on the shirt and add up additional accessories such as black rubber boots and rubber gloves.
For little girls, the most popular Disney costumes are girly and cute such as:
1. Disney Princesses. There are so many Disney Princesses including Snow White from the movie “Snow White,” Belle from “Beauty and the Beast,” Cinderella from the movie “Cinderella,” Aurora from “Sleeping Beauty,” and Ariel from the “Little Mermaid.” All of these are long gowns that have various designs and styles but basically, you will be needing other princess accessories such as tiaras and pretty shoes to make up the outfit.
2. Esmeralda from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”. This is a gypsy inspired costume which consists of one piece gown, a corset, a hip drape with coin trim, and head scarf.
3. Tinkerbell from movies “Peter Pan” or “Tinkerbell”. Peter Pan's fun and trustful companion Tinkerbell is also a popular Disney costume for parties. This include a green dress that and a pair of fairy wings and boots.
Disney World Vacations Articles
Disney And The Disney Empire
Disclosure: Advertisements are placed on this website to offset the cost of maintenance and to keep this site free for everyone to use. Owners of this website will receive compensation for products and services purchased through featured advertisements. All claims of actual user results should be considered atypical.